Tinsley, Jackson important for Pacers
- Over All-Star Weekend, I spent some time with the Indiana Pacers' Jermaine O'Neal, and he spoke of the Pacers as a team on the outside looking in but still very comfortable with who they are and where they were.
Stephen Jackson is back from suspension and has shown signs of being a major contributor down the stretch, and he's going to have to be for this team to be successful. It's difficult to replace the impact of a player such as Ron Artest because of Artest's ability to dominate both ends of the floor. There are very few guys in this league who can do that, and even a team as deep as the Pacers is going to be hard-pressed to fill that void.
On Friday, Jackson scored 28 points, including 11 straight in the fourth quarter, in the Pacers' 106-82 victory over the visiting Cleveland Cavaliers.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
- Griffin pours in 37 as Clips take 8th in row
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Indiana Pacers Team NBA Keychain
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index