Scouting the Astros
Houston Astros have the most momentum of any team heading into the postseason.
It all begin when Phil Garner took over for Jimmy Williams as manager in July. It took Garner about a month before he had any effect, whatsoever, on the ballclub, but after that the players relaxed, they began having fun again and they allowed their abilities to take over.
Of course, it didn't hurt that Roger Clemens and Roy Oswalt caught fire in the second half and pitched great down the stretch, or that Brad Lidge became one of the most dominant closers in the game. That combination of Clemens, Oswalt and Lidge can lead them to the World Series.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Atlanta Braves Alternate Navy Jersey