Scouting the Astros
Houston Astros have the most momentum of any team heading into the postseason.
It all begin when Phil Garner took over for Jimmy Williams as manager in July. It took Garner about a month before he had any effect, whatsoever, on the ballclub, but after that the players relaxed, they began having fun again and they allowed their abilities to take over.
Of course, it didn't hurt that Roger Clemens and Roy Oswalt caught fire in the second half and pitched great down the stretch, or that Brad Lidge became one of the most dominant closers in the game. That combination of Clemens, Oswalt and Lidge can lead them to the World Series.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Atlanta Braves Justin Upton #8 Alternate Ivory Replica Jersey