Scouting the Astros
Houston Astros have the most momentum of any team heading into the postseason.
It all begin when Phil Garner took over for Jimmy Williams as manager in July. It took Garner about a month before he had any effect, whatsoever, on the ballclub, but after that the players relaxed, they began having fun again and they allowed their abilities to take over.
Of course, it didn't hurt that Roger Clemens and Roy Oswalt caught fire in the second half and pitched great down the stretch, or that Brad Lidge became one of the most dominant closers in the game. That combination of Clemens, Oswalt and Lidge can lead them to the World Series.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
- Cespedes has 2 HRs, 5 RBIs but hurts thumb
- Colon perfect into 7th; Mets hold on vs. M's
- Pence's 3-RBI double sends Giants past Phils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Atlanta Braves 1974 Cooperstown Contender Royal Flex Hat