The NLCS scouting report
The starting pitching is elite on both sides, but there's a major difference in lineups
The 2010 National League Championship Series of the Philadelphia Phillies versus the San Francisco Giants is an ideal matchup for baseball for myriad reasons, not limited to the outstanding pitching matchup between Tim Lincecum and Roy Halladay (which could happen twice). These are probably the two best teams in the National League this year, and we should see a lot of high-quality baseball -- or certainly more than we saw in the two NL Division Series. One of the game's rising stars, Buster Posey, will get a greater national showcase for his talents. The Phillies fight for the chance to win their third straight NL pennant; the Giants fight for the chance to win their first World Series since leaving Coogan's Bluff.
For Keith's full breakdown here, you need to be an ESPN Insider.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
- Cards' Wainwright gets majors-best 13th win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
OCT. 15: LCS COVERAGE
ALCS GAME 1: YANKEES AT RANGERS
NLCS: GIANTS VS. PHILLIES
- Majestic Youth Replica Philadelphia Phillies Cole Hamels #35 Home White Jersey