Despite physical and emotional pain, Barry Bonds keeps swinging away -- not for the sake of history or even a ring, but to honor the men who got him here.
"I've played most of the season with a hamstring tear," Barry Bonds says. "My knees ache. My hands are done. Two bulging disks. My legs don't work. I make a strong throw, I feel it, all over, the rest of the game. Willie and my dad always said the thing that knocked them out of baseball would knock me out, too -- when the pain became too much."
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
- Cabrera, Dickey help Jays trample Red Sox
- D-backs outlast Reds, get win in 15th inning
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's San Francisco Giants Cooperstown Orange/Black Raglan T-Shirt