Difficult to quantify outfield arms
Do you remember Cory Snyder of the Indians? I remember him throwing a guy out at the plate after bare handing a ball of the wall and gunning him down from the warning track. That was impressive.
I remember Snyder, but somehow I don't remember his arm at all. Your memory is supported by the facts, however; Snyder recorded 15.6 assists per 154 games in the outfield, which is slightly better than Ellis Valentine (though well behind Jesse Barfield, the best-throwing outfielder since Roberto Clemente).
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's New York Yankees Carbon Logo Anthracite T-Shirt