Pass the turkey and crackerjack
Originally Published: November 24, 2004By Rob Neyer | ESPN Insider
I've been at this scribbling game for a few years, and until now I've always resisted the easy lure of the holiday column. But with all the bad news lately in the world of sports and the world at large, this year I feel like reminding myself of all the things that make me thankful to be a baseball fan. I'm thankful that from now through the end of my life, when writers and broadcasters do refer to the Curse of the Bambino, they'll be referring to a silly relic. I'm thankful, too, that my idol-turned-mentor-turned-friend Bill James will soon be wearing a World Series ring.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Braun signs first post-ban endorsement deal
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Seattle Mariners Heavy Duty Vinyl Car Mats 2-Pack