The year in baseball awards
Derek Jeter's year with the glove was a one-season anomaly, and not likely to happen again.
Originally Published: November 11, 2004By Rob Neyer | ESPN Insider
In the wake of Derek Jeter finally winning the Gold Glove that he's richly deserved for so long, I received three e-mail messages that said most of what can be said on the subject. First, the mean-spirited
Nice try on your article pertaining to Derek Jeter's defense (posted on your ESPN website in August of 2003). He is now a Gold Glove award winner and that makes you a liar. Ever since I read your article, I was waiting for this day to come. Too bad when you wrote it, Jeter was still recovering from a separated shoulder. I guess an "educated" man such as yourself was too blind to notice that. Nice effort though.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth New York Yankees Curtis Granderson #14 Home White Replica Jersey