Greene-Bay pick 'em contest
Jason Bay hopes to do something a Pirate has never done -- win the Rookie of the Year award. But he's facing stiff competition in Khalil Greene.
Now some trivia about Pittsburgh outfielder Jason Bay, Greene's relatively anonymous competition for National League Rookie of the Year:
Bay is a British Columbia native but quit playing ice hockey at age 12. His boyhood favorite was Cincinnati Reds outfielder Eric Davis. His sister Lauren, a talented softball pitcher, played for Team Canada at the recent Athens Olympic Games. He's with his fourth professional organization at age 26. And just last weekend, Bay could be seen walking through the Pittsburgh airport disguised as a 6-foot-2-inch piece of poultry.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
- GM says Tanaka still has elbow discomfort
- Colon perfect into 7th; Mets hold on vs. M's
- Pence's 3-RBI double sends Giants past Phils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica St. Louis Cardinals Matt Holliday #7 Home White Jersey