Marlins looking to bolster lineup
The Marlins rank 13th in the NL in runs scored. If a hitter is available who might help, they'll take a shot.
- Jim Thome will testify under oath that Florida starter A.J. Burnett is fully recovered from Tommy John surgery. Wednesday night in Philadelphia, Burnett whiffed Thome twice on fastballs that registered 97 mph on the velocity tote board at Citizens Bank Park. That's man-sized stuff.
But praise and respect from opponents mean little when you're feeling like Tom Glavine South. In his last eight starts, Burnett is 1-3 with a 3.47 ERA. In his 10 starts overall, the Marlins are averaging 2.8 runs per game.
Forget Glavine: That's almost as bad as Zach Day's run support.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cardinals sign star Cuban shortstop Diaz
- Reds hopeful Latos can return in first week
- Mattingly says OF Kemp is close to return
- Cards 3B Carpenter signs $52 million deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Miami Marlins Small Static Window Cling
- MLB Home
- AL East
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- AL Central
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- AL West
- Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Angels
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
- Fantasy: Sign up!
- Spring blog