Urbina, Mesa drawing plenty of attention
The scarcity of starters might prompt several clubs to throw up their hands and go bullpen-shopping instead.
With Randy Johnson's future still a day-to-day proposition, Benson becomes a more attractive commodity leading up to the July 31 non-waiver deadline. That's a natural occurrence given that there are so few proven starters available.
Seattle apparently has no plans to move Jamie Moyer. It's hard to distill the reality from the speculation on Barry Zito. Tony Armas Jr. still has to prove he's healthy. Livan Hernandez comes with a three-year, $21 million price tag even if Montreal wanted to trade him, which isn't a certainty. And the consensus is that Shawn Estes won't put anyone over the top.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
- Cespedes has 2 HRs, 5 RBIs but hurts thumb
- Colon perfect into 7th; Mets hold on vs. M's
- Pence's 3-RBI double sends Giants past Phils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Minnesota Twins Joe Mauer Classic Jersey Bracelet