Drew, Weaver guilty by association?
Will Ken Griffey Jr. enter Cooperstown in the Mays-Aaron-Bonds pantheon? Plus, notes on Jeff Weaver, Bobby Cox and more.
I'm glad Ken Griffey Jr. has regained his form. The notion that Junior was not a Hall of Famer has been widely discussed lately. It's absurd. No one has put together a better decade at the plate and in the field. Koufax gained entry on the basis of the six best years anyone could remember seeing. Griffey did the same for longer. Flukish injuries in the Queen City should not undermine his legacy of excellence and determination.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Price, Rays prevail with rally over Red Sox
- Lester: I'd re-sign with Sox even if traded
- Puig, Dodgers go on triple spree, rout Giants
- Davis homers in 10th as Orioles edge Mariners
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Authentic Atlanta Braves Freddie Freeman #5 Cool Base Home White Jersey w/ Patch