Lucchino is building ballpark legacy
Where most of us see a concession stand, Lucchino's mind embraces the total fan experience, from length of wait to accessibility of the concourse to quality of the mustard on the hot dog. He's quick to point out, for example, that ballparks and stadiums are completely different entities. He's also passionate in his belief that the ballpark experience entails more than watching a game.
"There's something exceptional for people about their ballpark," Lucchino said. "Everyone feels it's a public building that they own a piece of, because of its importance to their lives as they're growing up."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Baseball Hall cuts election eligibility to 10 years
- Price, Rays prevail with rally over Red Sox
- Lester: I'd re-sign with Sox even if traded
- Puig, Dodgers go on triple spree, rout Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Boston Red Sox Dri-FIT Combat Legend Navy Performance T-Shirt