Lucchino is building ballpark legacy
Where most of us see a concession stand, Lucchino's mind embraces the total fan experience, from length of wait to accessibility of the concourse to quality of the mustard on the hot dog. He's quick to point out, for example, that ballparks and stadiums are completely different entities. He's also passionate in his belief that the ballpark experience entails more than watching a game.
"There's something exceptional for people about their ballpark," Lucchino said. "Everyone feels it's a public building that they own a piece of, because of its importance to their lives as they're growing up."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
- Pirates' Worley blanks Giants with 4-hitter
- Cabrera, Dickey help Jays trample Red Sox
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Boston Red Sox Scrum V-Neck Navy T-Shirt