New stadiums raise expectations
Updated: April 1, 2004, 3:23 PM ETBy Jerry Crasnick | ESPN Insider
Padres general manager Kevin Towers, a self-professed dirt and grass devotee, is predisposed toward ballparks with a neighborhood feel and a sense of history. In his estimation, there's nothing like stepping on the playing surface at Wrigley Field for batting practice shortly before the anthem plays and the beer lines begin to form.
That said, Saturday evening with an ocean breeze and David Wells staring in for the sign might come close.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Castro fly in 16th ends Cubs' longest game
- Machado homer puts O's past Angels in 12
- Yankees trump Rangers, Arencibia's 7 RBIs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Philadelphia Phillies Royal Ice Jacket