Bonds: 'I think I can do anything'
Bonds, about to enter his 12th season in San Francisco, continues to dominate his franchise in a way few players can relate to or understand. He's the baddest dude in California, and that's saying something considering Shaquille O'Neal and Arnold Schwarzenegger both live and work in the state.
Unlike most superheroes, Bonds works without a sidekick. For a while Matt Williams shared some of the attention in San Francisco. Then there was Jeff Kent, who won an MVP award and made the big headlines two years ago with some ill-advised motorcycle etiquette in spring training. They're long gone now, leaving Bonds four months short of his 40th birthday and more conscious than ever of his baseball mortality.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth San Francisco Giants Team Logo Black climalite T-Shirt