Bonds: 'I think I can do anything'
Bonds, about to enter his 12th season in San Francisco, continues to dominate his franchise in a way few players can relate to or understand. He's the baddest dude in California, and that's saying something considering Shaquille O'Neal and Arnold Schwarzenegger both live and work in the state.
Unlike most superheroes, Bonds works without a sidekick. For a while Matt Williams shared some of the attention in San Francisco. Then there was Jeff Kent, who won an MVP award and made the big headlines two years ago with some ill-advised motorcycle etiquette in spring training. They're long gone now, leaving Bonds four months short of his 40th birthday and more conscious than ever of his baseball mortality.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
- Cespedes has 2 HRs, 5 RBIs but hurts thumb
- Colon perfect into 7th; Mets hold on vs. M's
- Pence's 3-RBI double sends Giants past Phils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear San Francisco Giants Classic Keychain