Schuerholz typically tight-lipped
Schuerholz loves showing nosy reporters and second-guessers who's in charge by pulling off surprises, whether it's an innovative three-way trade for Mike Hampton or signing Andruw Jones to what looks like a cut-rate, long-term contract.
But on one high-profile personnel matter this offseason, Schuerholz makes no attempt to conceal his intentions: The Braves will make every effort to re-sign right fielder Gary Sheffield.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks NY, finalizes big Mariners deal
- Source: Yanks nix Gardner-for-Phillips deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Atlanta Braves Brilliant White Polo