Dodgers' Evans awaits fate
With a new owner ready to take over, Dodgers' GM Dan Evans apparently will be sacrificed in the name of change.
General Manager Dan Evans supervised organizational meetings last week, during which he discussed moves he might not be able to make, budget ideas he might not be around to implement, and players he might be watching on television in 2004. It's fair to say stagnation is in vogue this winter in L.A.
Boston real estate developer Frank McCourt is in the process of assuming control of the Dodgers from Rupert Murdoch's Fox -- assuming big-league owners approve the sale -- and speculation is rampant that he'll make major changes. The fate of Evans and, by extension, manager Jim Tracy will be major items on McCourt's agenda.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers outlast Angels for Scherzer's 12th win
- Back to Seattle: Mariners acquire Morales
- Twins call off Knoblauch induction post-arrest
- Ortiz (back) questionable for Price rematch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Los Angeles Dodgers White Gametime T-Shirt