Cooper deserves to share the credit
White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper inherited a project last spring. His results speak for themselves.
Hint: The list is a lot shorter than your average U.S. Cellular Field beer line.
Loaiza, who lost in his bid for victory No. 20 Thursday against Minnesota, deserves most of the credit for finally living up to expectations at age 31. After a history of fast starts and flameout finishes, of throwing 94 mph fastballs when circumstances called for 80 mph changeups, he's finally learned to pitch.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Castro fly in 16th ends Cubs' longest game
- Machado homer puts O's past Angels in 12
- Yankees trump Rangers, Arencibia's 7 RBIs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Men's Chicago White Sox Team Color Contour Flip Flop