Ankiel faces mighty long odds
That's true, to a point. Most sportswriters actually do have a favorite team, for which they root in varying degrees of obviousness. But when that favorite team isn't one of the teams being written about, then yeah, they we root for the story. As fans, we simply enjoy good stories. And as writers, we know that good stories lead to good (or at least more compelling) writing.
All of which serves as my preamble to this: I'm rooting for Rick Ankiel to make good as a professional hitter, but the odds against him are long. Mighty long.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Zimmerman hamstring injury requires DL stay
- Headley wins it in 14th of debut with Yanks
- Schoop's 2-run HR helps O's beat Angels
- Rockies place Tulowitzki (hip strain) on DL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's St. Louis Cardinals 59Fifty Alternate 2 Navy Authentic Hat