History doesn't favor Meyer, Blanton
And of course there's nothing quite so exciting as a young pitcher with a great arm who hasn't yet been exposed to major league sluggers in July. For every team that finished in last place last season, you'll find thousands of fans who say, "If only our young pitchers come through this season "
But how often do rookie pitchers actually come through? Or, more specifically, how often do highly touted pitchers like Dan Meyer and Joe Blanton actually come through?
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
- Cespedes has 2 HRs, 5 RBIs but hurts thumb
- Colon perfect into 7th; Mets hold on vs. M's
- Pence's 3-RBI double sends Giants past Phils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Oakland Athletics Cuddyhook Mesh Flex Hat