Sox, Yanks ... and questions
From the Red Sox's big victory to the Yankees' incredible defeat, Tuesday's action was filled with intrigue.
Originally Published: August 31, 2004By Rob Neyer | ESPN Insider
Senior writer Rob Neyer filed continuous updates throughout the evening on Tuesday as he took in the action across the majors. 8:45 p.m. ET: As I write this, the Red Sox are well on their way to drubbing the Angels and the Yankees are well on their way to getting embarrassed by the Indians. If these results hold -- and at the moment the score is 16-0, winners over losers -- the Red Sox will trail the Yankees by only three and a half games. Is it possible? Could the Yankees really blow a huge mid-season lead for the first time in their storied history?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Boston Red Sox 2013 AL East Division Champions Roster T-Shirt