Glavine's luck runs out
The way some players luck has been this season, a healthy fear of Friday the 13th is in order.
They don't always. Not by a long shot, and today we'll pick the unluckiest pitcher and the unluckiest team in the majors this season.
Those are the worst of them, but the pattern is clear. In 16 of his 24 starts, Glavine has allowed two or fewer earned runs. In those 16 starts he's just 7-5 with four no-decisions (and the Mets lost three of those games).
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees get 3B Headley in trade with Padres
- Angels won't limit ace Richards' workload
- Cubs DFA Barney, activate Bonifacio off DL
- Indians recall Salazar to start against Twins
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica New York Yankees Derek Jeter #2 Home White Jersey