Game should be growth industry
Once the Expos are relocated, then what? MLB should strongly consider the remaining untapped markets.
Originally Published: June 29, 2004By Rob Neyer | ESPN Insider
The Washington Post published in Tuesday's editions the third and final installment of a brilliant three-part series about, essentially, the eventual relocation (or not) of the Montreal Expos (here's the first part, which includes links to the rest of the series). Not so long ago, Major League Baseball strongly suggested that the Expos' fate would be decided, finally, by the 2004 All-Star Game. I should have known better, but this time I actually believed them.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Castro fly in 16th ends Cubs' longest game
- Dodgers' Scully will return for 66th season
- Machado homer puts O's past Angels in 12
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Washington Nationals Red Cleanup Adjustable Hat