D-Backs at crossroads
The Mariners and Royals have both raised the white flag. Now it's time for the D-Backs to consider their options.
Originally Published: June 28, 2004By Rob Neyer | ESPN Insider
Looking at the list of team payrolls for this season, we find that, with one exception, all 12 teams spending more this season than the Arizona Diamondbacks are competing for division titles. The exception? The Seattle Mariners, who've got Arizona "beat" by about eight million bucks ($78.5 million Opening Day payroll for the Mariners, $70.2 million for the D-Backs). Sunday, of course, the Mariners finally gave up on 2004.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Arizona Diamondbacks Away Fan V-Neck Black Half-Sleeve Shirt