A's, Angels have the goods
The present looks promising and the future looks just as good, if not better, for both the A's and Angels.
Originally Published: June 22, 2004By Rob Neyer | ESPN Insider
Suddenly it's a wonderful three-team race in the American League West, with just half a game separating the first-place Rangers, second-place (by percentage points) Athletics, and third-place Angels. Who's going to win? Who knows? If I were a betting man I'd go with the A's, but of course the odds are against any one of these teams actually finishing in first place; a wise bettor would take the field against any particular team. Looking past September 2004, though, this A's-Angels battle looks like a good one, right up there with the Yankees and Red Sox among the two-team fights for supremacy.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's Oakland Athletics Yoenis Cespedes Green T-Shirt