Risky, but worth it for Mets
The Mets' addition of Richard Hidalgo looks shaky on the surface, but could pay off for New York.
Originally Published: June 17, 2004By Rob Neyer | ESPN Insider
One might reasonably ask this question: "Why would a fourth-place, sub-.500 team trade for an outfielder who's 1) due to make roughly $9.5 million over the next season and a half, and 2) has statistics this season that would, if he weren't making so much money, make him a candidate for a lengthy trip to the Pacific Coast League?" Which is sort of a convoluted way of asking, "What in #$&@ do the Mets want with Richard Hidalgo?"
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
- Cespedes has 2 HRs, 5 RBIs but hurts thumb
- Colon perfect into 7th; Mets hold on vs. M's
- Pence's 3-RBI double sends Giants past Phils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Photo File Houston Astros Team Logo Framed Photo