Anaheim's Mr. Clutch earns MVP
Vladimir Guerrero was Mr. Clutch down the stretch, and he deserves the MVP.
Some Boston Red Sox fans aren't happy, I read online, because they felt that Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz (who finished third and fourth) should have gotten more recognition for their World Series-winning season. But the MVP award only takes into account the regular season.
The top five vote-getters figure to be in the MVP race again next year. Gary Sheffield (second place) and Miguel Tejada (fifth) had tremendous years. And all their clubs should be in the hunt next year, which bolsters anyone's MVP candidacy.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Los Angeles Angels Red Ice Jacket