Stellar Santana awaits test of time
I can't recall anyone ever having the kind of second half Johan Santana had on the way to winning the AL Cy Young.
I can't recall anyone ever having the kind of second half he had, when he went 13-0 with a 1.21 ERA (overall, he was 20-6 with a 2.61 ERA).
When I saw Santana pitch this year, his fastball was better than I expected. He brought it in the low-to-mid '90s. His changeup is among the best in the game, and his slider is nasty.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Minnesota Twins Joe Mauer #7 Navy T-Shirt