Stellar Santana awaits test of time
I can't recall anyone ever having the kind of second half Johan Santana had on the way to winning the AL Cy Young.
I can't recall anyone ever having the kind of second half he had, when he went 13-0 with a 1.21 ERA (overall, he was 20-6 with a 2.61 ERA).
When I saw Santana pitch this year, his fastball was better than I expected. He brought it in the low-to-mid '90s. His changeup is among the best in the game, and his slider is nasty.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Report: Boston, Ramirez finalizing $90M deal
- Sources: White Sox snag LaRoche for $25M
- Ibanez among 3 finalists for Rays manager
- A's acquire Davis from Pirates to fill 1B spot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Minnesota Twins Ripley Navy/white Flex Hat