Stellar Santana awaits test of time
I can't recall anyone ever having the kind of second half Johan Santana had on the way to winning the AL Cy Young.
- I'm not surprised that Minnesota Twins starter Johan Santana won the AL Cy Young award.
I can't recall anyone ever having the kind of second half he had, when he went 13-0 with a 1.21 ERA (overall, he was 20-6 with a 2.61 ERA).
When I saw Santana pitch this year, his fastball was better than I expected. He brought it in the low-to-mid '90s. His changeup is among the best in the game, and his slider is nasty.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cards 3B Carpenter signs $52 million deal
- Royals name Shields as Opening Day starter
- Cardinals' Garcia to see Dr. Andrews again
- No extra replay in place for Australia games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Minnesota Twins Navy Clean-Up Adjustable Hat
- MLB Home
- AL East
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- AL Central
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- AL West
- Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Angels
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
- Fantasy: Sign up!
- Spring blog