Pressure for Thome? Not really
Whatever pressure the Phillies feel to win this year, it's been-here-done-that for team leader Jim Thome.
For first baseman Jim Thome, being the leader of a team with high expectations is just part of the deal. Pressure? What pressure? It's simply normal, everyday, been-here-done-that for Thome.
When the Phillies got off to a 1-6 start this season, sure, maybe Thome felt some pressure. But since then, the Phillies have recovered and are challenging the defending world champion Florida Marlins for first place in the NL East.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cards deal for Masterson to bolster pitching
- Scratched Lester at Fenway amid rumors
- Presidential farewell: Jeter honored by Bush
- Chavez, 6-time Gold Glover, retires at 36
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Philadelphia Phillies Elko Red Adjustable Hat