Pressure for Thome? Not really
Whatever pressure the Phillies feel to win this year, it's been-here-done-that for team leader Jim Thome.
For first baseman Jim Thome, being the leader of a team with high expectations is just part of the deal. Pressure? What pressure? It's simply normal, everyday, been-here-done-that for Thome.
When the Phillies got off to a 1-6 start this season, sure, maybe Thome felt some pressure. But since then, the Phillies have recovered and are challenging the defending world champion Florida Marlins for first place in the NL East.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
- Cespedes has 2 HRs, 5 RBIs but hurts thumb
- Colon perfect into 7th; Mets hold on vs. M's
- Pence's 3-RBI double sends Giants past Phils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Philadelphia Phillies 39Thirty Neo Grey Flex Hat