Pressure for Thome? Not really
Whatever pressure the Phillies feel to win this year, it's been-here-done-that for team leader Jim Thome.
For first baseman Jim Thome, being the leader of a team with high expectations is just part of the deal. Pressure? What pressure? It's simply normal, everyday, been-here-done-that for Thome.
When the Phillies got off to a 1-6 start this season, sure, maybe Thome felt some pressure. But since then, the Phillies have recovered and are challenging the defending world champion Florida Marlins for first place in the NL East.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fremont Die Philadelphia Phillies 8" Car Magnet