Sisco invigorated by new chapter in life
After Kansas City selected Sisco from the Chicago Cubs in baseball's Rule 5 draft in December, Sisco called his father in Washington. Mike Sisco, who drives a beer truck for a living, raised Andy and his brother as a single parent, and made sure they arrived at every summer league game on time with their spikes perfectly polished. Now it was time to return the favor.
"I tried to be creative in my head before I called him," Andy Sisco said. "Once he got on the phone, I lost it and just told him straight out. He told me, 'This isn't necessarily the top of the mountain yet, you know. You still have a lot of work to do.' "
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cards deal for Masterson to bolster pitching
- Tigers' Scherzer sharp over 7, goes to 13-3
- Scratched Lester at Fenway amid rumors
- Presidential farewell: Jeter honored by Bush
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Kansas City Royals Kauffman Stadium Signature Photo