Big Unit's decree bad for baseball
Despite having a Big (Unit) commodity, the D-Backs face a Catch-22 at the trade deadline.
- The Randy Johnson situation is a Catch-22 for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The D-Backs have this 6-foot-10 ace, a sure-fire Hall of Famer -- who, at age 40, is pitching arguably as well as he's ever pitched -- and he says he's willing to waive his no-trade provision. But here's the catch: He reportedly has said he'll only go to one team, the New York Yankees.
I believe that's bad for baseball.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves' Medlen leaves with strained forearm
- Dodgers' Kershaw, Ryu to start in Australia
- Cardinals sign star Cuban shortstop Diaz
- Reds hopeful Latos can return in first week
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's New York Yankees Grey Dugout Long Sleeve Shirt
- MLB Home
- AL East
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- AL Central
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- AL West
- Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Angels
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
- Fantasy: Sign up!
- Spring blog