What was Rick Rypien thinking?!
1. "I thought I saw a bug on the guy's jacket and I didn't want him to get stung."
2. "He was very close to the edge of the steps and I didn't want him to take a tumble."
3. "Well, it's almost Halloween, and whenever I hear that part of 'Werewolves of London' where the song goes, 'He'll rip your lungs out, Jim', well, I go a bit bananas."
4. "I thought I heard him say, 'Let's rumba.'"
5. "It wouldn't have looked very good if I throttled our own goalie, would it? Six goals on 18 shots? Against Minnesota? Yikes."
SUBSCRIBE:Subscribe to this blog's RSS
WHO'S DELIVERING THE CHECKS
Scott Burnside covers the NHL for ESPN.com. Before joining the website in 2005, he was a reporter for The Windsor Star and Toronto Sun. Burnside also co-authored the best-selling true crime book "Deadly Innocence."
• Follow on Twitter (@ESPN_Burnside)
Pierre LeBrun covers the NHL for ESPN.com, joining the website in Sept. 2008 after spending 13 years with The Canadian Press as its national hockey columnist. He is also a regular panelist for TSN of Canada.
• Follow on Twitter (@Real_ESPNLeBrun)
Craig Custance joined ESPN in Sept. 2011 to cover the NHL for ESPN the Magazine, ESPN Insider and ESPN.com. Previously, he covered hockey for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Sporting News.
• Follow on Twitter (@CraigCustance)
Katie Strang covers the NHL for ESPN.com. She is a graduate of Michigan State University and the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
• Follow on Twitter (@KatieStrangESPN)