Baylor ready for big lights of Big Monday
The good folks at ESPN Stats & Information note that Baylor's only home win over Kansas came on Big Monday back in 2001, when the Bears knocked off the then No. 6-ranked Jayhawks. Could history repeat itself?
Some interesting numbers for you:
* Kansas has won 60 of its last 64 games vs unranked conference opponents.
* Kansas is 17-0 for the first time since the 2007-08 season, when the team opened the year 20-0.
* Kansas has won 16 of its last 19 road games vs conference opponents.
* Baylor currently owns a Ferrell Center-record 15-game home winning streak -- the second-longest home winning streak in school history (Baylor won 20 games from 1911-13).
* Baylor, which has lost 16 straight games to teams ranked in the AP top 5, hasn't defeated an AP top 5 team since Feb. 10, 1990, against No. 3 Arkansas (82-77 in Waco).
One player to watch for the Bears is Duncanville's Perry Jones. When it comes to conference play, he's sure stepped up. Jones has averaged 18.3 points per game, shot 74.2 percent from the field and has a 64.3 free throw percentage. All three of those numbers are up from his nonconference averages (11.8 ppg, 52.3 FG percentage, 51.4 FT percentage).
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.