Among those his list:
3. Michael Choice, OF, Texas-Arlington: If he hits -- that is, makes contact and hits for average, since his power is beyond question -- he'll hit his way to the majors by the end of 2011.
5. Barrett Loux, RHP, Texas A&M: Like McGuire, his ceiling isn't that high, but he's pretty close to ready and has performed exceptionally this year.
11. Chad Bettis, RHP, Texas Tech: Unless someone converts him to the rotation, he's pretty close to big league ready. For pure relievers like Bettis and Munson, the big issue in the minors is feel and everything that goes with it -- commanding the fastball, mixing pitches, changing speeds or locations and getting hitters on the other side of the plate out. Because college relievers face such limited samples of batters, many of whom are not prospects, it's the hardest thing for scouts to judge in an amateur pitcher.
12. Brandon Workman, RHP, Texas: Two power pitches and major-league ready control.
17. Chance Ruffin, RHP, Texas: In the bullpen, he should move fairly quickly, but there's a decent chance the team that takes him will move him back to the rotation to see if he can pitch with an average or better fastball working every fifth day.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss Bob Stoops' recent comments about the SEC and the pending college football playoff, what appears to be an unpredictable Big 12 in 2013, how the Aggies will handle expectations and more.
Play Podcast Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin talks about the improvements being made to Kyle Field, what those improvements will to for the program, the success of last year, Johnny Manziel's offseason and the expectations for the Aggies in 2013.
Play Podcast Scott Van Pelt and Ryen Russillo talk about Texas A&M's decision to expand its stadium and say although the Aggies had a fantastic year, the school must also be careful not to overextend its resources based on a single hot stretch.
Play Podcast Baylor head coach Art Briles joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss what kind of player the Cowboys are getting in Terrance Williams.
Play Podcast Arlington and Texas A&M product Luke Joeckel, the potential No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft, joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Richard Durrett to discuss the draft, coaches and advice from his dad.
Play Podcast Florida Gulf Coast athletic director Ken Kavanagh joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss his school's Cinderella story and playing in the Sweet 16 at Cowboys Stadium.
Play Podcast Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby joins Fizsimmons & Durrett to discuss Cowboys Stadium as a venue, the state of Big 12 basketball, the new 2014 college football format, why there's no hurry to have a Big 12 football championship and much more.
Play Podcast Jay Bilas joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the remaining 16 teams in the NCAA tournament, the intrigue surrounding the Northwest Region and the excitement over FGCU, even though a similar story happens every year.