SMU announces 2010 Hall of Fame Class
SMU released these bios on the inductees:
* Kajsa Bergqvist ('99) - 1997 & 1999 NCAA high jump champion; Co-holder of the collegiate outdoor record (1.95m); Olympic bronze medalist; World and European champion; World indoor record holder (2.08m); Swedish record holder (2.06m).
* Raymond Berry ('55) - Member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame; One of six Mustang football players to have his jersey retired; Caught then-NFL-record 631 passes for 9,275 yards, 68 touchdowns in 13 seasons; All-NFL in 1958, 1959 & 1960; Elected to six Pro Bowls; Coached the New England Patriots to an AFC Championship and Super Bowl XX.
* Michael Carter ('84) - A two-sport star; Is the only athlete to win an Olympic medal and a Super Bowl ring in the same year ('84); Three-time Pro Bowler and three-time Super Bowl winner; Won four indoor and three outdoor NCAA shot put championships; Won the silver medal in the shot at the 1984 Olympics; Played nine years with the San Francisco 49ers; Set the national high school record of 81 feet 3½ inches in the shot - No high school athlete has come within five feet of this record since.
* Jerry Heidenreich ('72) - Set 17 school records and was an NCAA 200-yard freestyle champion; 23-time All-American; Won two gold medals, one silver and one bronze at the 1972 Olympics; Set six American records and six World Records; Member of the International Swimming Hall of Fame.
* Jon Koncak ('85) - One of two Mustang men's basketball players to have his jersey retired; One of two consensus basketball All-Americans from SMU; Led the Mustangs to two NCAA Tournaments; Led the team in scoring his final three years while team compiled a 67-29 record in that span; Team spent the entire 1984-85 season in the Associated Press top-25, reaching as high as No. 2; Member of the gold-medal winning 1984 U.S. Olympic team; First-round selection of the Atlanta Hawks in the 1985 NBA Draft; Had a 12-year NBA career.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.