Final coaches poll looks like AP poll
4. Boise State
5. Ohio State
* Three Big 10 teams made the top 10 in both polls. The reason? Good bowl play. Ohio State's Rose Bowl win helped a two-loss Buckeyes team get ahead of 12-1 TCU. Penn State beat LSU to jump into the top 10. And Iowa's victory over Georgia Tech put the Hawkeyes at No. 7.
* Did Texas finish second because of how well they came back without Colt McCoy? Possibly. Florida had a chance to finsih second in a blowout, but I think the Longhorns deserved it.
* Nebraska, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State made the coaches poll top 25. OSU did not make the AP top 25.
* Boise State finished fourth, which didn't surprise me. Florida's impressive win over Cincinnati was the reason. But I can tell you from seeing the Broncos' live at the Fiesta Bowl that they are a great team. Again, if only we had a playoff.
* TCU has finished seventh or better two consecutive seasons. Gary Patterson has talked about establishing a reputation as a good program. Those kinds of high finishes are how you do it.
* Alabama has a ton of players coming back. There's little doubt they will be preseason No. 1 in 2010.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.