Quick thoughts: 10-7 Boise State at half
* TCU managed to get the momentum going into the half. The best thing that happened to TCU was that it got the ball back with just over two minutes and had to play fast. It seemed to get the Frogs into a rhythm. Andy Dalton had a nice 30-yard touchdown pass to Curtis Clay to cut the deficit to three.
* Last year in the Poinsettia Bowl, TCU was behind 13-0 and scored with 58 seconds left in the half. It ended up winning the game.
* Boise State's offense has been good. TCU did make a big stop late in the second quarter. The key series may be the first one of the third quarter. Boise State gets the football, and TCU needs to hold the Broncos to keep the momentum.
* Did the long layoff effect both teams? I think it bothered TCU. It just didn't look in sync.
* TCU must cut down on the penalties. It had six of them for 55 yards, mainly on offense.
* I still think TCU can run the ball and should try to do so more in the second half. I bet the Frogs will.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.