Preview: Can the Sox win 100 games?
March, 28, 2011
Steve Mitchell/US PresswireTo kick off our week-long Red Sox 2011 Red Sox season preview, ESPN Stats and Information senior researcher Jeremy Lundblad looks at the probability of this Red Sox team reaching the 100-win benchmark in the regular season, something pitcher Josh Beckett said he thought was possible.
Click HERE to read the full story.
Here’s a look at what’s coming later this week:
• TUESDAY: The importance of Terry Francona. The Red Sox have made quite the investment this offseason putting together a team that looks to be more complete than perhaps than any other Sox team in history. Why is Terry Francona the perfect person to lead such a team?
• WEDNESDAY: Red Sox predictions. Gordon Edes reveals his 10 bold predictions for the 2011 Red Sox and he and Joe McDonald answer 10 burning questions on the team.
• THURSDAY: Meet the 2011 Sox. Edes runs down the 25-man roster to give a player-by-player scouting report.
• FRIDAY: Season of great expectations. The ownership group put the pieces in place, the baseball ops folks guided them through a smooth spring training, and now it’s up to the players to perform up to their expectations. Will Gonzo and Crawford be hits in Boston? Will Kevin Youkilis, Dustin Pedroia and Jacoby Ellsbury bounce back from injuries? Can Lester and Buchholz repeat their success? Can Beckett, Lackey and Papelbon bounce back? Here we go …
• FRIDAY: Edes will be in Texas for the season opener. First pitch around 4:10 p.m. ET.