ESPN Scouts Inc.'s Keith Law came out with his Top 100 prospects in baseball today, a list that includes seven payers in the Red Sox's system. Here's a short blurb from Law on each of the seven, but make sure to check out the full list (Insider) for much more.
- No. 18 -- Casey Kelly, Pitcher: "A solid-average fastball already, a curveball that frequently flashes plus with good depth and tight rotation, and an above-average changeup."
- No. 32 -- Ryan Westmoreland, Outfield: "A top-10 talent with his combination of athleticism, power potential and feel for hitting."
- No. 53 -- Anthony Rizzo, First Base: "As he grows he should develop 25-30 home run power."
- No. 56 -- Lars Anderson, First Base: "Everything went awry for him in 2009, and the cause appears to be more mental than physical or mechanical."
- No. 86 -- Ryan Kalish, Left Field: "A polished overall hitter who's already coming into some power and may add more."
- No. 91 -- Jose Iglesia, Shortstop: "At worst, he might be Adam Everett, but I think he'll end up more than an automatic out."
- No. 98 -- Junichi Tazawa, Pitcher: "He has more room for growth as a pitcher than the typical 23-year-old does."