Ortiz will talk with Red Sox next week

October, 27, 2010
10/27/10
12:54
AM ET
Slugger David Ortiz was at Tuesday night’s Celtics opener at TD Garden and spoke briefly with ESPNBoston.com’s Jackie MacMullan, telling her he planned to talk with the Red Sox next week about his future with the team.

The Red Sox have until three days after the World Series ends to decide whether to pick up Ortiz’s $12.5 million option for next season. Club sources have indicated to ESPNBoston.com that the Red Sox are inclined to pick up the option, but Ortiz has said he’s seeking a multi-year deal.

Ortiz also told the Boston Globe on Tuesday night that he was confident he’d be back with the Red Sox next season.

The Red Sox DH, who turns 35 next month, hit .270 last season with 32 homers, 102 RBIs and an .899 OPS.

Check out more on Ortiz’s contract situation and the dilemma facing the Red Sox in Gordon Edes’ series earlier this month.

SPONSORED HEADLINES

Comments

You must be signed in to post a comment

Already have an account?